Peeping Tom

 

Anticipated truth.

When I moved in 152 in 2013, I was reassured by flat agent that the area was very safe as we had many CCTVs: in parking lots, communal garden.

This was a first email sent to flat agent on November 2014.


On 7 November 2014, former colleague
@ Les Inrocks JD Beauvallet 
(friend with my aggressor) says I take things wrongly; 
I'm aggressive, I invent stories...


On many occasions, I found my front door open in the morning when I woke up; heard noises as if someone was in when I was in living room… then going to front door finding it open.

One evening, I had some drinks at a flat neighbour who casually asked what my plans were for the following day. I had to get up early to go somewhere. But, as usual, I felt totally hung over despite drinking two to three glasses of white wine. White wine never got on well with me, so I assumed it was the white wine fault and I stayed home. After my shower, I sat on sofa with towel on when flat agent appeared in living room. He had the gut to argue saying he thought I was out... Many times, I asked him to sort the bottom door lock that didn’t work: he said it was just in my mind, that I didn’t know how to lock the Chubb key. Over the years, my boiler was on all night on a regular basis when I usually switch it on for 30 minutes: enough for a hot shower and washing-up. Once it took me a week to find a pair of scissors that lie in kitchen drawer. They disappeared; it drove me mad; reappeared the following week in drawer on top of cutlery.

One evening in April 2016, going back home, I noticed a satellite dish at my window. I contacted flat agent to have it removed... with no success! 


I’ve had Big Brother at my window blocking the view for eight years!




In 2017, flat agent decided to have CCTVs installed in buildings’ entrance. Surprisingly, nobody got in my flat when I was in. But I could feel the flat was visited in my absence. In 2019, flat agent dismounted the plate on door side as below, so I could lock bottom lock leaving keys inside keyhole when I was in.

 


From that moment, I never found my door opened in the morning when I woke up. However, flat was still visited in my absence.

7 October 2023, landlord told me flat agent was no longer flat agent following their Court case loss against me. So I requested a change of locks. He agreed. Since November, each time I have been out, I have sellotaped both keyholes. 



Then, they started getting my mail out of letter box and opening them...



From that moment of barricading myself, intimidation and threats in French typed on a QWERTY keyboard (no French accents) started to pour:

I was taken to court for eviction due to not paying rent
because I had no facilities: 'Loyer Impaye' means 'Unpaid
Rent' - there should be an 'é' on 'impaye'

So similar, more vulgar, to that one in 2020:

Then, on 8 December 2021, JD Beauvallet's son (French-English writing French approximatively) is once again below my window in River Lee:



3 December 2023
, I bumped into neighbour who drinks white wine and she invited me at hers. [She had left the area for years]. I had just bought a bottle of red, so I thought “no more hang over after two glasses”. She had a bottle of red wine and insisted on me drinking it. [The slightly older than me 
retired woman has two flats in my areas and a house in the countryside: all rented out when she worked abroad; then lived in flat below mine on other building; then moved to house in countryside; sold house in countryside; lives in other flat in area while other flat is rented out]. I hadn’t seen her cat for years and though I’m a bit cat-phobic, we always had a strong bond. He is 15 and couldn’t leave my laps. I was very busy stroking him but found a bit strange, it took so long to get the glasses coming... Despite knowing I’m unemployed, she bragged about going on luxury trips around the world, making sure I could hear their astronomic fares. I wouldn’t dream of doing such things, but what’s the exact achievement on talking high figures to an unemployed person? She didn’t really talk about how she felt approaching penguins in Antarctica, sloths in Costa Rica etc.

The wine had a strange taste but I drank it. She poured another one saying she had a meeting on Zoom half an hour later, at 4PM. I left before her meeting. While walking home, I felt that same dizziness as if I had drunk white wine. Once home, I locked myself in with key in keyhole as usual, then I remember nothing.

At 1AM, I woke up, the light was on, I found myself undressed, headache, dizzy, hung over. Going to the toilet, I noticed my computer by my bed, on the floor. Since I have no internet, I didn’t understand why it was there. It took me hours to fall asleep again feeling a burden on my guts.

Hours later, I got up for breakfast, feeling as if I had partied animal like never before. In the living room, I noticed an opened DVD case on sofa. The film was indeed inside computer. I have 0 records of choosing a film in living room, feeding computer with DVD and going to bed with it. Pretentiously, I have a very good short and long term memory. When I left my flat at 8.30Am, the front door had been pushed in. The key in keyhole prevented whoever has my flat keys (landlord, ex flat agent, others?) entering the premises. I felt highly shit physically and psychologically.

5 December 2023, a plumber came to my flat to fix a leak in bathroom; landlord wanted to inspect... I asked why he agreed to change locks two months ago and nothing had been organised. I repeated that someone is entering my flat in my absence and despite admitting not retrieving the keys from flat agent, he didn’t believe he would do such thing. I said that I must be really psychotic. He didn’t reply.

He looked at the bottom keyhole, noticing the key inside. He questioned me about why I would lock and leave the key inside. Then, revealed he was going to arrange for me to be able to lock from inside but still have someone being able to open from outside: it’s the new law.

So everybody in my building has illegal keyholes: 






I will be the only one who can be visited in my sleep by landlord or whoever he gives the keys to (he wants two sets of keys; I get one; flat agent is friend with locksmith guy living in opposite building). I guess they will be pimps, I’ll be the prostitute reimbursing the money they lost against me in Court case! The guy looking after CCTVs accepts any types of bribery... when done with me, they can kill me at any time thanks to Grenfell Tower on fire!

[12 December, someone tore bottom lock sellotape out]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Mailchimp

Eviction: from Mailchimp to flat in no time

Cut Me Down (& that's not Lloyd Cole)